Outline of the call
India has launced a Globalstars call for projects with Austria, Belgium (Flanders region), Finland, France, the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland. Bilateral consortia (one Indian partner with one partner from countries listed above) are eligible, but multilateral consortia (Indian partner with partners from multiple countries listed above) are warmly welcomed as well. Please refer to the following link on the eligibility criteria and submission process: Globalstars India call for projects with Austria, Belgium (Flanders region), Finland, France, India, The Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland.
Project partners are strongly advised, prior to submitting the application, to contact their National Contact Points in order to check the eligibility of their project.
The call for proposals inviting projects within the scope: “key enabling technologies for healthcare, agriculture and water”. These should be collaborative research and innovation projects which apply key enabling technologies (e.g. chemical technologies, digital technologies, engineering technologies, advanced materials, biotechnologies, micro- & Nanotechnologies) to tackle challenges in healthcare, agriculture or water, resulting in innovative, affordable, accessible and marketable solutions. Projects aiming to provide responses to (post) COVID-19 specific needs are warmly welcomed as well. For more details please refer to the GlobalStars India Call Text.
In order to apply to the present call, applications must meet all the international and national eligibility criteria. Otherwise they will not be put forward for evaluation and will be excluded. Globalstars India call - international eligibility criteria:
- The consortium should include at least, one Indian organisation and one (for profit) company from any of the Eureka participating countries in this call. The participation of research institutes and universities is welcome according to each country’s funding regulations. Bilateral consortia (one Indian and one Eureka country partner) are eligible, but multilateral consortia (Indian partner with partners from multiple Eureka countries) are warmly welcomed as well.
- The project partners must express their will to cooperate, on a win-win/ fair basis in the research and development of a new product, process or service.
- The project must benefit all project partners in a well-balanced consortium.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the project partners from the different countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- In the project activities there must be technological risk involved.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and with the potential to create impact.
- The duration of the project may not exceed 36 months.
Any project partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present call in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect in each country, on a non-exchange of funds basis, and subject to budgetary availability. The amount of funding available per project partner is subject to national rules and regulations.
Please note! Project partners from other Eureka countries or countries outside of EUREKA can also participate, but they will not be funded by the participating funding bodies in this call. Subsequently, these partners have to secure their own funding within the deadlines for this call.
In In order to apply for this GlobalStars call the following documents are mandatory:
a. Eureka Project Form
b. Annex GlobalStars India Project Plan
c. Document with scanned signatures (Eureka Project Form signed by all partners)
The completed Eureka Project Form, annex and document with all signatures should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 30, 2020, 17:00 (CET) at the latest, indicating in the subject line “GlobalStars India Call 2020”.
Please note! Parallel to the submission of the Eureka Project Form and annexes, all project partners are required to submit a related national funding application to their respective national funding bodies. Contact your national funding body for further details.